Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Day six in Costa Rica

Day five I didn't take any photos
 because we were snorkeling. 

 This is our tour guide !














Go Pat!












This was a blast! The neat thing was that we wern't confined to just sitting up stright for the whole time. All of us whent upside down with no hands! It was amazing to just be hanging there going 35 mph. with only your harness for protection, staring down at a 300 foot drop filled with beautiful sights. It was Incredible!





Sadly my battries died right when we where about to go on a huge rope swing that took us over a hundred and fifty foot drop with amazing vews (like above). I wish the batetries didn't die!!



Back to our little casitas.
Here I took a walk to take some pictures of plants that are so different from ours.











This is what bananas look like before they're picked!









very small lizard (pat's hands)


We were  racing the sun when we went to the beach so that I could get some good sunset pictures the boys could surf - we made it!























That night for dinner we went to a "super mercado" and bought bread cheese and "monkey brains" - a unique fruit. Yes, it looks really gross!! It felt really gross -  all mushy and gloopy but it tasted out-of- this-world good!


  

10 comments:

Annette said...

I love the pic of the wave splashing in the sun!! And, oh my, how gross looking! Not sure I would be brave enough to try the monkey brain...

Gd. Hugs said...

ooo it was really good!

open sky said...

eww..... that monkey brain defiantly looks like a monkeys brain

Beenie said...

Garland you are beautiful and I love your photos!!!

Gd. Hugs said...

do I know you beenie??

Anonymous said...

ew that's grose

beenie said...

You know me like the flower knows the sunshine.

Dan Hutchison said...

garland i am sooo jealous right now...ive been on a zip line the one at river valley ranch but im still flabergasted...please give us more pics if you have them!

Gd. Hugs said...

I do have a lot more pics!! I was just about to put up a huge post that took me in hour to make when the computer froze and I lost it all :(
Bennie are you trevor?

beenie-ball said...

Crimonsinconnies...